Can I use Zestril if I am taking indomethacin?

You may be able to take the blood pressure drug Zestril (lisinopril) if you are on indomethacin (Indocin). But before you start Zestril, make sure your doctor knows you are taking that nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which is prescribed to treat the pain of arthritis and other conditions. In combination with Zestril, NSAIDs may decrease liver function or reduce Zestril's effectiveness. If your doctor wants you to take both drugs, he or she will likely monitor you closely for side effects.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

can i take blood pressure medication if i have diabetes ?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...
what should i know before taking ace inhibitors ?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
You should not take an ACE inhibitor if you have ever shown signs of intolerance when taking one in ...
what are ace inhibitor drugs for heart failure management ?
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are recommended for all people with systolic heart fa...
how effective are ace inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease ?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...