Which symptoms of abdominal pain are cause for concern?

Abdominal pain can present in lots of different ways, with a variety of symptoms. If you are ever concerned about your abdominal pain, it is a good idea to ask your doctor for help. Symptoms that are concerning include severe abdominal pain, pain that is worsening and does not go away, blood in the stool or vomit and associated weight loss and pain that occurs after a major trauma. If any of these symptoms occur, you should seek care sooner rather than later.

Dr. Lisa Ganjhu, DO
Gastroenterologist

Where your belly hurts—left or right, up or down—can tell you a lot about why it hurts. In this video, gastroenterologist Dr. Lisa Ganjhu explains when you should be concerned about abdominal pain.

Continue Learning about Abdominal Pain

5 Questions to Ask If You Have Stomach Pain
Whether you call it a stomach ache, tummy ache or the more medical “abdominal pain,” we’ve all had stomach pain. In fact, it’s one of the most common ...
When should I see a doctor if I have abdominal pain?
It is never a bad idea to see your doctor if you have abdominal pain. If you are experiencing very s...
Sorting Out Your Stomach Pain
Sorting Out Your Stomach PainSorting Out Your Stomach PainSorting Out Your Stomach PainSorting Out Your Stomach Pain
Our experts can help you sort out the cause of your stomach pain.
What Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer Can Be Mistaken for Other Things?