Ask your doctor how many calories you need to maintain a healthy weight, as calorie needs vary from person to person. If you need to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you eat.
Some healthy weight-loss tips:
- Eat a variety of foods including lean protein, complex carbohydrates, omega-3 fats from fish and monounsaturated fats from avocados, nuts, and olive oil.
- Remember to eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables a day.
- Avoid trans fats, saturated fats, and animal fats. This includes fried foods and most fast-food meals.
- Remember portion control. If you must eat seconds, try fruit.
- Exercise an hour a day.
- Be aware of the labels on fat free foods.
For more information, go to: http://www.weight-loss-plans-4-you.com