1. Read the Nutrition Facts labels on the foods you buy and avoid those that list hydrogenated oils or partially hydrogenated oils.
2. Limit or avoid packaged snack foods and opt for natural snacks that contain healthier fats, such as nuts, seeds, and natural nut butters.
3. Choose a soft tub margarine rather than stick margarine and look for brands with no trans fats.
4. Sauté foods in olive oil instead of margarine.
5. Limit fast-food meals, especially anything fried. More often than not, order a side salad instead of French fries.
Find out more about this book:The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You