Question

Skin Tightening Treatments

How can I get rid of turkey neck with cosmetic treatments?

• AYouBeauty answered
    Most telltale turkey necks are past the point of creams. That’s where injectable treatments like Botox or Dysport come in, providing help for slightly more advanced cases of turkey neck.

In-office procedures using ultrasound or radiofrequency technology can also minimize the look of loose neck skin. Thermage uses radiofrequency heat to penetrate the deeper layers below skin’s surface, which tightens and smoothes skin, while a treatment called Ulthera uses ultrasound heat to accomplish the same goal. A new procedure called Exilis is also a promising option: “It combines both radio wave frequency heat and ultrasound heat to melt fat and tighten skin,” Francesca Fusco, MD, a New York City-based dermatologist, told us.

But if non-invasive procedures like injectables or laser treatments (or a combination of the two) don’t make your neck gobble go away, your doctor may suggest an isolated neck lift or a mid-face lift that includes tightening the neck.

“The procedures allow us to eliminate excess fat under the chin, as well as remove the extra skin that causes turkey neck,” says Victoria Karlinsky, M.D., a New York City-based cosmetic surgeon. “It’s done under general anesthesia and recovery usually takes about a week. Most people are able to get back to work or their normal daily activities after that time.”
What should I know before I try carboxytherapy?