The functions of the ingredients in a cosmetic are as follows:
- They moisturize, using humectant and emollient ingredients.
- They bind, holding other ingredients together.
- They emulsify, blending oil and water substances together in a
- They thicken or smooth, making a formula richer or able to glide on
- They preserve, preventing the product from deteriorating, and
- They adjust the pH balance, acting as a buffer to stabilize acids and
Find out more about this book:Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin