Question

Healthy Beauty

How can I make my skin glow?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    Most women would complain that their skin doesn't glow, that it appears drab. Cold weather and harsh soaps can be the cause of this, as they throw skin pH off balance. The proper pH balance range for healthy skin is between 4.5 and 5.5. If you're over your normal pH range, your skin will be dry, dull and flaky. To remedy this and restore balance, use a milk compress at night after you cleanse your skin (think of Cleopatra's ancient spa remedies). Milk has a natural restoring quality thanks to lactic acid and alpha-hydroxy acid that clear away dead skin layers. Dip a washcloth in a bowl of milk and apply to the skin. After a week, try a moisturizer with active ingredients like glycolic acid that will help maintain pH balance.
    This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
    Helpful? 6 people found this helpful.
  • AKimberly Snyder, Nutrition & Dietetics, answered
    Kimberly Snyder - How can I make my skin glow?

Beautiful skin is as much about what you put inside your body as what you put on its surface, explains clinical nutritionist Kimberly Snyder in this video. Watch it to learn her special smoothie recipe for glowing skin.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
How can I tell if a beauty product will really work?