Prostate Cancer Treatment 101
There are more treatment options available for prostate cancer than for many other types of cancer. That's good news, but it makes the decision-making process more complex, too.Find a treatment
Fight Back Against Prostate Cancer
Take control of prostate cancer by learning the facts about cancer treatment and its side effects, how to manage depression, and how to build strength before, during and after the fight.Living with cancer
Health Mistakes Men MakeTake the quiz
Be a WisePatientThe latest prostate cancer treatments
1 in 6
The number of men who will get prostate cancer during their lifetime
American Cancer Society
Prostate Cancer Q&As
Michael McGuire, MD
NorthShore University HealthSystem
How can I lower my risk of prostate cancer?
There are some studies that suggest the absence of sexual activity may be associated with prostate cancer. The dietary recommendations to decrease the likelihood of prostate cancer are a decreased consumption of red meat, decreased calories . . .
- Q What are the risk factors for prostate cancer?
- Q When should men be tested for prostate cancer?
- Q Will prostate cancer treatment affect my sex life?
- Q What role do genes play in prostate cancer?
- Q Can prostate cancer be found before the symptoms appear?
- Q Should I avoid the PSA test for prostate cancer because of false positives?
- Q Is there a chance for prostate cancer to recur?
- Q Should I seek prostate cancer screening if I have no family history of it?
- Q Why does being overweight increase the risk of prostate cancer and breast cancer?
- Q Does frequent sex reduce my risk for prostate cancer?
Prostate Cancer Action Plans
If you're concerned you might have prostate cancer, don't just worry. Get answers with these action plans.
PSA Test: Should You or Shouldn't You Cut Caffeine for Prostate Health Prostate Cancer Prevention Diet Check Your Prostate Cancer Risk Erectile Dysfunction After Surgery
Prostate Cancer VideosSee more prostate cancer videos
The Anti-Prostate Cancer Diet
Lycopene, the phytochemical that makes tomatoes red, has prostate cancer-fighting properties. Here's how to make it part of your diet.
The Prostate Cancer Quiz
Every year, roughly 240,000 men in the U.S. are diagnosed with prostate cancer. Understand your risk and how to prevent it. Take this quiz to get started.
My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer when he was 82. He never missed a recommended screening test, and he tried everything his cancer doctor had to offer, surviving only a year after diagnosis. I wonder what he would have thought about the news that the USPSTF has recommended abandoning the PSA test as a screening tool for prostate cancer.
Discussions on DailyStrength
Not a clue - my PSA level was at 4.3
Now I can't pee