An affirmation is a statement of fact that can make an imprint on the subconscious mind to create a healthy, positive self-image. In addition, affirmations can actually fuel the changes you desire. Here are some guidelines for creating your own affirmations:
- Always phrase an affirmation in the present tense.
- Always phrase an affirmation in a positive way and stay tuned to the positive feelings that are generated.
- Keep the affirmation short and simple but full of feeling.
- Be creative.
- Imagine yourself really experiencing what you are affirming.
- Make the affirmation personal and full of meaning.
Here are some examples of positive affirmations:
- I am a whole and complete person.
- I am in control of my life.
- I am an open channel of love and joy.
- I am filled with peace and wisdom.
- I am good to my body
- I am growing stronger every day.
- I am healthier and thinner.
Using the above guidelines and examples, write down five affirmations regarding eating healthful meals and five affirmations about doing physical activity. State these affirmations aloud for a total of five minutes each day. Choose a location that is comfortable and quiet and a time when you will not be interrupted or disturbed. Sit or lie in a comfortable position. Begin by taking ten deep breaths, inhaling to a count of one, holding for a count of two, and exhaling to a count of four.
Find out more about this book:Hunger Free Forever: The New Science of Appetite Control