Some healthy spreads, dressings and dips are:1. Opt for peanut butter or almond butter spreads instead of cream cheese or butter.
2. Silken tofu makes a wonderful replacement for cream in some recipes.
3. Save 85 calories just by swapping mustard for mayonnaise in a sandwich.
4. Ditch the mayo, cheese and top bun if you want to scrape off 250 calories from a restaurant sandwich.
5. Store-bought salad dressings can be packed with calories. Make your own vinaigrette and store it in a small spray bottle to coat your greens without over-dressing them.
6. Natural applesauce is an excellent dip for fruits such as bananas and melons.
7. Use a vegetable bean dip such as hummus instead of ranch dressing or a fatty cream-based dip.
8.Snack attack! Puree peaches, berries or pears for a sweet spread to go on pita chips.