There are several signs of dehydration you should be looking out for including:
- Dry mouth
- Decreased urine or urine is dark yellow/orange color.
- Increased heart rate
- Decreased blood pressure
- Dry skin, lack of sweating
Thirst alone is a poor indicator to determine if you’re thirsty. To avoid dehydration follow these guidelines:
- Sedentary women and men should consume approximately 9 to 13 cups per day respectively.
- Drink an additional 8 ounces of water for every 25 pounds you carry above your ideal weight.
- Consume 2 to 3 cups of water two hours before exercise.
- Drink 6 to 12 ounces of water for every 15 to 20 minutes of exercise.