Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons blackberry or raspberry preserves
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 4 cups (16 oz.) DOLE® fresh frozen blackberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1. Combine sugar, preserves and water in medium mixing bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Puree blackberries with lemon juice in food processor. Force through a fine strainer into a bowl to remove seeds. Add to sugar mixture and stir well to combine. Chill until cold.
3. Freeze according to ice cream machine manufacturer's directions.
4. Mixture may also be poured into shallow metal cake pan and put in freezer until solid—about 6 hours; break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.