Tricks to Make Resolutions Stick
Want to make resolutions that last? It's all in your attitude. In fact, how you think can make the difference between what you do, and what you fail to do. Staying positive and praising yourself for small steps will keep you on track to the finish line.
Learn How to Stick with Your GoalsTake the Quiz
Why Resolutions FailThe science behind
40 to 46%
The percentage of people who keep their
resolutions 6 months or longer
Healthy Resolutions Q&As
John C. Norcross, PhD, ABPP
How can a support team help me in my efforts to change?
We work better by working together, so identify those around you -- family, friends, coworkers -- who will support your self-change. Here are research-based tips for maximizing your support team's assistance to you as the going gets tougher …
- Q How many resolutions should I make?
- Q What’s the secret to keeping a New Year’s resolution?
- Q Is making resolutions really a good idea?
- Q How can I keep my New Year's resolution to stop smoking?
- Q How can sharing my goals and resolutions help my child set his?
- Q How can I reach my goals?
- Q How can I visualize success?
- Q How can I reward myself for keeping my resolution?
- Q How can I tell if my goals are unrealistic?
- Q Why should fitness goals be specific?
Healthy Resolution Action Plans
Ready to start the New Year right? We’ve created these Action Plans to help keep some of the most popular resolutions on track.
10-Step Guide to Quit Smoking Assess Your Financial Stress Tackle Those Resolutions Track Your Food and Activity 2 Ways to Cut Your Appetite
New Year’s Resolution Videos
Resolve to Give Back
Here’s a healthy way to make the coming year better for everyone: Volunteer. Research shows helping others can boost your immunity, lower stress and more.
Is Your House Making You Fat?
Don't let your own home sabotage your weight-loss resolutions. Take this quiz to learn how simple changes around the house can help you shed pounds.
Take the quiz