Baby Care Basics
What parent hasn’t brought their new bundle of joy home from the hospital and then thought, “Now what?” Taking care of an infant means mastering a host of new skills, from feeding to burping to recognizing when baby is sick.Read more
Are You a Baby-Care Genius?Take the Quiz
PreventionLearn which vaccines your baby needs at each age
The percentage of all SIDS deaths that occur before 6 months of age
Healthy Baby Q&As
Tanya Remer Altmann, MD
American Academy of Pediatrics
Is it normal for a newborn baby to be fussy?
Babies often fuss. If she’s been fed, changed and checked to make sure nothing is hurting her, it's OK to let her fuss for a little while. Often it’s just her way of blowing of steam. So give her the chance to let it all out. You can try swaddling . . .
- Q What should I do with my baby immediately after he or she is born?
- Q Is it possible to spoil a baby?
- Q What questions should I ask before I select a doctor for my baby?
- Q Is it okay to let my baby watch TV?
- Q How should I clean and care for a baby's skin?
- Q How can I keep my baby safe at home?
- Q What warning signs in my infant should make me call a doctor?
- Q Are baby products safer and gentler?
- Q How do I know what my baby needs?
- Q What baby things do I need to buy before I give birth?
Healthy Baby Action Plans
Bringing home a newborn can be a scary experience. Use these plans to handle those early weeks like a parenting pro.
Breastfeeding How-To Using an Infant Car Seat Safely 14 Must-Haves for Your Diaper Bag Getting a Newborn to Sleep Best Way to Talk to Your Baby
Healthy Baby VideosSee more videos
Worst Things to Say to a New Parent
Some advice can be helpful, other advice ... not so much. You may mean well, but there are some things that are better left unsaid.
Find out more
Good Finger Foods for Babies
Self-feeding allows babies to sample new tastes and textures, and helps develop their fine-motor skills. These finger foods are a great way to start.
Discussions on DailyStrength
Sleep Training an 8 month old -- possible?
bad gas / tummy problems
Baby waking up at 4:30
I'm still a rookie mom but . . . I'd recommend to go with the flow because they might surprise you, and often! You're doing a great job -- hang in there! You'll get there together :) Best of luck!