Question

Functions of the Brain

What does the frontal cortex of my brain do?

• AKelly Traver, Internal Medicine, answered

The frontal cortex of your brain is the highly developed area that allows for problem solving. This is where sophisticated levels of thought processing occur and where information is processed so that you can understand it. Knowing why you do what you do and having an appreciation for the potential consequences of your actions can help shape your behavior.

Human beings are highly intellectual and creative creatures. Your brain is well designed for problem solving. Keep this in mind, and use it to your advantage when you run into challenges with healthful living.

Does my brain continue to change when I'm an adult?