- Red onions contain quercetin, a phytochemical that contributes to healthy brain function.
- Eggplant has nasunin, an antioxidant that protects the lipids or fats in brain cell membranes.
- Rosemary has carnosic acid, which has neuro-protective properties shown to help keep Alzheimer's at bay.
- Spinach is high in folic acid, a nutrient that also may protect against Alzheimer's.
- Whole-wheat noodles are loaded with thiamine, a B vitamin that improves memory and recall.
- Peanuts have choline, another B vitamin that supports overall mental functioning.
A Answers (2)
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answeredTo energize your brain, try these six memory-boosting foods.Helpful? 10 people found this helpful.
Samantha Heller, Nutrition & Dietetics, answered
Believe it or not, eating fats helps keep your brain healthy and improves memory. But your mind needs the right kind of fats. In this video, registered dietitian Samantha Heller explains what foods will boost your brainpower.