Natural remedies can help tide you over until emergency help arrives. I recommend getting these in your local health food store in a 30c potency (strength) so you have them on hand. Of course, use them in addition to conventional medical treatment, not instead of it!
- Arnica for blows to the head (definitely call 911 in this case!), black eyes, injury to muscle and other soft tissue, pulled muscles, sports injuries
- Aconite for the fright and emotional shock of an emergency situation. If a child is injured, mom might need it too!
- Phosphorus to stop excessive bleeding
- Calendula for anytime the skin is cut or broken – to prevent infection and scarring, reduce pain and speed healing
- Hypericum for injuries to nerve-rich areas (like fingertips – if you hit your finger with a hammer) or falling on the base of your spine (and in this case, I always recommend that my clients see a chiropractor).
Directions: dissolve 2 pellets in the mouth as a single dose. Repeat two to four times a day depending on how severe the symptoms are. If the symptoms are really severe, repeat once an hour. Slow down when the person starts to feel better.
For a more complete explanation, please see my book, A Healer In Every Home.
Find out more about this book:Your Natural Medicine Cabinet: A Practical Guide to Drug-Free Remedies for Common Ailments