Click below to see chef Michel Nischan's simple method for making crackers with a high-protein cheese dip.
1-1/2 cup light spelt flour
2 oz Arrowroot
1 cup sesame seeds
3 tbsp whole milk plain yogurt
1 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 cup low sodium baking powder (non-aluminum)
1/2 cup cold water
2/3 tsp salt (optional)
canola cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In large mixing bowl, blend all ingredients, adding water little by little, allowing dough to form.
3. Lightly flour work surface. With rolling pin, flatten dough onto prepared surface. Continue rolling it until it is approximately 1/8" thick.
4. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
5. Using cookie cutter, cut shapes in the dough and place them on prepared baking sheet. Prick each cracker with fork.
6. Bake crackers 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately or store in airtight container.
Makes 36 servings
Amount Per Serving
Note: Optional items are not included in nutritional facts.
Serving Size: 1 each
Total Carbs 6 g
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
Sugars 0.5 g
Total Fat 2.4 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Unsaturated Fat 2.3 g
Potassium 340.3 mg
Protein 1.8 g
Sodium 13.9 mg