• Know how much stress you can handle, and watch out for when
you’re getting close to hitting that level.
• If you begin to feel overwhelmed, take some time to meditate, listen
to music, or read.
• Keep in mind that a stable mood will allow you to do your best work.
• Don’t allow work to be your only focus in life. Find things that you love
to do, such as hanging out with loved ones or volunteering.
• Remind yourself when you have a difficult day that you will feel better,
even if it doesn’t feel like you will right now.
• Be sure to eat well, get enough sleep, and stay physically active
• Focus your energy on one project at a time.
• Avoid taking on more work than you can handle.
• When an episode of depression occurs, get the support you need.
• Ask for help if you need it; you don’t have to do everything yourself.
• Be understanding of your limitations and the limitations of others. Try
not to be too hard on yourself or your coworkers.
• Do your best to accept constructive criticism.
• If you decide to tell your supervisor about your depression, give him or
her some educational materials about depression.