MRSA or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus is a “super bug” bacteria that is no longer affected by some of our more common antibiotics, specifically beta-lactams. Because MRSA is resistant to a number of different antibiotics, it can be harder to treat than non-resistant bacteria. However, MRSA is not resistant to EVERY antibiotic and all strains of MRSA can still be treated. Treatment should be tailored to the type and location of the specific infection. Children in the ICU are given effective antibiotics and placed in isolation to prevent spreading the bacteria.