Question

At Home Skin Care Treatments

What can I do at home to tighten my skin?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered

A good, basic moisturizer is a good place to start. You can also look for one that includes vitamin A, vitamin C, alpha hydroxy acid or beta hydroxy acid, all of which are thought to help tighten the skin.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • AEllen Whitehurst, Health Education, answered

An ancient remedy that's considered a modern day miracle where tighter skin and erasing wrinkles are concerned says to mix 1 teaspoon of organic honey together with 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.  Mix on low speed in a blender for about 30 seconds (or vigorously by hand for one minute.) Dip the fingertips in this mix and apply the honeycream to the neck and face in round, circular motions, massaging in small circles from the neck to the forehead and then back down to the neck again.  Cover the whole face with this 'mask' and leave it on for 30 - 45 minutes.  After that time, rinse the mask off with cool water, ending by splashing the face with cold water.  With the right hand 'slap' the forehead nine times while doing the same to the chin area with the left hand.  Nine times.  Then slap the right cheek with the right hand nine times and do same with the left hand on the left cheek.  Reverse.  Try this mask and acupressure treatment to tighten skin, erase fine lines and plump wrinkles.

Helpful? 5 people found this helpful.
  • ASadie Nardini, Alternative/complementary Medicine, answered

Yoga has long been touted as a way to firm and tone the muscles underlying the skin on the body, making practitioners look younger--so why not the face, too? There are super-effective anti-aging Facial Yoga moves that firm the face, bringing more circulation in, and toxins out--the same benefits you get everywhere else from this ancient, effective exercise.  It doesn't take long to get a complete anti-aging practice in. In fact, you can do it at your computer right now, though, you have to be willing to look a little (or a lot) silly in the process. First, Lion's Pose: open your mouth, stick your tongue waaaaay out, and roll your eyes to the ceiling for a firmer neck and jawline. Then silently mouth the biggest, slowest "WOW" of your life. Do this a few times to tone the area around the mouth. Roll your eyes in circles, and purse your lips, moving your mouth from side to side like you're Charlie Chaplin wagging his moustache. Turn your head upside down by bending between your knees and do the Lions Pose again while inverted. Then make up some moves of your own! With your fingers, give the place between your eyebrows and forehead a massage, tap your fingertips under your eyes and rub your jaw to end your session by releasing any last spots of tension that may help cause wrinkles.

Helpful? 8 people found this helpful.
How should I exfoliate my skin?