Here are some different types of arrhythmias:
• Atrial fibrillation, in which the atria or top part of the heart quivers;
• Bradycardia, in which the heart beats too slowly;
• Tachycardia, in which the heart beats too fast;
• Premature contractions, in which the heart beats too early in its cycle;
• Ventricular tachycardia, in which the ventricles beat too quickly (this is life-threatening, so your doctor will want to control this);
• Ventricular fibrillation, in which the entire heart fibrillates or quivers. This is life-threatening and you will die unless your heart can get an electrical shock right away to reset it.