Is Alternative Medicine for You?
Alternative medicines, also known as complementary and alternative therapies, or CAM, include natural and herbal remedies, mind-body therapies (such as tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and progressive relaxation), massage therapy, and other types of bodywork.How It Can Help
Can Alternative Therapies Reduce Stress and Anxiety?Take the Quiz!
Health TipDiscover natural remedies for sleep
The percentage of U.S. adults who use alternative therapies
National Institutes of Health/NCCAM
Alternative Medicine Q&As
National Center for Homeopathy
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is based on a rule of nature called the law of similars. This law states that a medicine can cure a sick person if it can cause a similar sickness in a healthy person (like cures like). For instance . . .
- Q What is the holistic health approach to reduce stress, aches and pains?
- Q What are the benefits of integrative medicine?
- Q Can herbs help me get over the flu?
- Q Can cumin prevent Alzheimer's disease?
- Q What should I know before I try Qi gong?
- Q What are some food-based home remedies that work?
- Q What is a home remedy for headaches?
- Q Do home remedies work?
- Q Is acupuncture effective?
- Q Can alternative medicine help me reduce stress?
Use alternative therapies to ease a range of health conditions, including pain, stress, and sleep problems.
The Keys to a Healthier Lifestyle Beat Stress with Music and Massage 6 Self-Help Remedies for Insomnia Is Your Alternative Medicine Safe? 7-Step Chronic Pain Relief Plan
Alternative Medicine VideosSee more alternative medicine videos
Rules for Buying Herbal Supplements
Many substances labeled as "natural" can also be strong medicines. See expert advice on what you should consider before you buy.
Ways to Boost Your Immunity -- Naturally
There's no shortage of natural ways to help your immune system work better, say our experts. Read on to see their top picks.