Dr. Dimitrios Avgerinos, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Flushing, NY. Dr. Avgerinos completed a residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University. He currently practices at Weill Cornell Medicine's Cardiothoracic Surgery and is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Avgerinos is board certified in General Surgery.
Cantonese, Greek, Mandarin, Spanish
- Cornell Med Coll/NY Presbyn Hosp, Fellowship Hospital — 2013
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 2012
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Residency Hospital — 2010
- Beth Israel Medical Center - Petrie Campus, Internship Hospital — 2006
- University of Athens / College of Medicine / School of Health Science National & Kapodistrian, Medical School — 2002
- University of Athens / College of Medicine / School of Health Science National & Kapodistrian, Undergraduate School — 2002
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Oscar Insurance Corporation
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNS Choice
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Avgerinos?
Dr Avgerinos' bedside manner is second to none. They way he described the procedure calmed me and my family. He makes me feel like he cares about me, my health and my future quality of life. His methods should be studied as the standard. Thank you for saving my life. His staff of nurses also treated me like family, particularly Lovely, Elezabeth, Peter, Paula and Sade.
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center