What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work or work in a better, more efficient way. For example, they can recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (e.g., by remembering your user preferences).
What cookies do we use?
For example, if you have asked us to provide you information about our upcoming products or promotions, cookie and/or clickstream data about your activities on the Site may allow us to limit the materials we provide you to items we think you will find interesting, based on your prior online activities and preferences.
Below we list the different categories of cookies we may use on the Site.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to the Site in order to facilitate our log-in process and enable you to move around it and to use its features. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide certain services or features, and the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like.
- Functionality Cookies. Functionality cookies allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing the Site and to provide enhanced, personalized content and features. For example, functionality cookies allow us to customize a certain webpage, remember if we have asked you to participate in a promotion, and remember other services you request, like watching a video or commenting on a blog. In order to permit your connection to the Site, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser. Such information may include your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Site from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device ("UDID"), geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device.
- Security Cookies. Security cookies help us to enable security features to protect our users and site integrity.
- Flash Cookies. We may, in certain situations, use Adobe Flash Player to deliver special content, such as video clips or animation. To improve your user experience, Local Shared Objects (“Flash cookies”) are used to provide functions such as remembering your settings and preferences. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are managed through an interface different from the one provided by your web browser. This means it is not possible to manage Flash cookies at the browser level in the same way you would manage cookies. Instead, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website directly. The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies – visit http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer for further information. Please be aware that if you disable or reject Flash cookies for this Site, you may not be able to access certain features such as video content or services that require you to sign in.
- Analytics Cookies. Analytics cookies, sometimes called performance cookies, enable us to understand and improve the way the Site and associated plugins perform. Analytics cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for instance, which pages you go to most. The information allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site and help us record any difficulties you have with the Site.
- Advertising Cookies. Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. These cookies remember what you have looked at on and off the Site and may be combined with other information acquired from third parties. We may share this information with other organizations such as advertisers in order to best determine how to better provide you with content you may find useful based upon your browsing experience. Only anonymous data gathered from these cookies is shared with advertisers. For more information about third-party advertising on Sharecare, including personalized or interest-based ads, please read our Advertising Policy
- Social Networking Cookies. These Social plug-in tracking cookies can be used to track both members and non-members of social networks for purposes such as behavioral advertising, analytics, and market research.
In some circumstances, we may work with third parties to provide services on our Site. For example, we use analytics services supported by third-party companies who generate analytics cookies on our behalf. We may not have access to these cookies, although we may use statistical information arising from the cookies provided by these third parties to customize content and for the other purposes described in this policy. These companies may also transfer this information to other parties where required to do so by law, or where such other parties process the information on their behalf.
Third-party advertisers and other organizations may also use their own cookies to collect information about your activities on our Site and/or the advertisements you have clicked on. Third parties may use this information in combination with other information acquired from third-parties to serve advertisements on our Site and third-party sites that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you based upon content you have viewed.
Third-party advertisers may also use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to track aggregate usage statistics.
How can you control cookies?
Please note that by disabling or blocking any or all cookies, some features of the Site may not operate as intended, or you may not have access to features or personalization available through the Site.
Last modified: March 31, 2016