Dr. Alan Gertler, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Gertler's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Alan Gertler, MD is a cardiology specialist in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Gertler completed a residency at Medical University of South Carolina Medical Ctr. He currently practices at UAB Heart and Vascular Clinic at Acton Road and is affiliated with UAB Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Medical University of South Carolina Medical Ctr, Fellowship Hospital — 1983
- Medical University of South Carolina Medical Ctr, Residency Hospital — 1980
- Medical University of South Carolina Medical Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1978
- University Of Maryland, Undergraduate School
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
UAB Heart and Vascular Clinic at Acton Road
O'neal Comprehensive Cancer Center At Acton Road2145 BONNER WAY, Birmingham, AL 35243 Existing Patients: (205) 978-4300
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Gertler?
New patient after previous cardiologists in FL and AL both retired. Was able to schedule the initial appointment within a week, which was nice. Dr. Gertler spent lots of time explaining in simple terms for me, about a recent ECG anomaly noted by my GP. Very thorough review of my history and things to watch for. He discussed additional tests to perform. Overall, very impressed. Nurse and staff were efficient too. Nice facility and easy access from I459.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Gertler accepts your insurance.
Dr. Gertler frequently treats Hypertension, Electrocardiogram (EKG), and Heart Disease.
Dr. Gertler's office is located at 2145 BONNER WAY, Birmingham, AL 35243. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Gertler has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- UAB Hospital