Call (281) 317-4230 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. Robert McKowen, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Houston, TX. Dr. McKowen completed a residency at Allegheny General Hospital. He currently practices at West Houston Cardiovascular Associates and is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare West. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. McKowen is board certified in Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Denver Chldns Hosp, Fellowship Hospital — 1986
- Allegheny General Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1985
- Boston Chldns Hosp, Residency Hospital — 1985
- Med Coll Penn, Residency Hospital — 1983
- Bellevue Hospital Center, Internship Hospital — 1980
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Assurant Health
- Beech Street (Multiplan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Community Health Choice
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Humana Health Plan of Texas
- Husky Health
- INTotal Health
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- MHealth Insured
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Peach State Health Plan
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
West Houston Cardiovascular Associates
West Houston Cardiovascular Associates12121 Richmond Avenue Houston Ste 325-326, Houston, TX 77082 Existing Patients: (281) 317-4230
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. McKowen?
HAD TO VISIT DR. MCKOWAN REGARDING HAVING SURGERY. HE EXPLAINED THE SURGERY AND WENT AS FAR AS DRAWING ME A PICTURE OF THE KIND OF SURGERY I WAS IN NEED OF. AFTER SURGERY IN WEE HOURS DR. MCKOWAN WENT TO ICU TO CHECK ON ME THEN AGAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. THEREAFTER I WENT TO THE FLOOR AND THERE HE WAS FOR ME AGAIN. I NEVER HAD SO MUCH ATTENTION DUE TO I NEVER HAD TO HAVE SUCH A SURGERY. HE WAS AMAZING JOB WELL DONE.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Robert McKowen, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. McKowen's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. McKowen accepts your insurance.
Dr. McKowen frequently treats Port Placements or Replacements, Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft, and Hypertensive Heart Disease.
Dr. McKowen's office is located at 12121 Richmond Avenue Houston Ste 325-326, Houston, TX 77082. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. McKowen speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. McKowen has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
- HCA Houston Healthcare West
- CHI St. Luke's Health–Sugar Land Hospital
- Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
- Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
- Houston Methodist West Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital