Dr. Richard Ahrens, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Ahrens' profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Richard Ahrens, MD is a pediatrics specialist in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Ahrens completed a residency at St Louis. He currently practices at University of Iowa Children's Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Ahrens is board certified in Allergy & Immunology.
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Fellowship Hospital — 1980
- St Louis, Residency Hospital — 1976
- St Louis, Internship Hospital — 1974
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Medical School — 1973
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- HAP Insurance
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
University of Iowa Children's Hospital200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242 Existing Patients: (319) 356-1828
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Ahrens?
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Ahrens accepts your insurance.
Dr. Ahrens frequently treats Asthma, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), and Pulmonary Disease.
Dr. Ahrens' office is located at 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Ahrens has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.