Dr. James Bates, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in San Diego, CA. Dr. Bates completed a residency at Cornell U/Ny Hosp&Cornell U Med Ctr. He currently practices at Orthopedic Specialists of San Diego and is affiliated with Alvarado Hospital Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Bates is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
Orthopedic Specialists of San Diego
Orthopedic Specialists of San Diego5555 Reservoir Dr Ste 104, San Diego, CA 92120 Existing Patients: (619) 286-9480
Helix Orthopedics & Sports Medicine / Helix Open MRI8860 Center Dr Ste 350, La Mesa, CA 91942 Existing Patients: (619) 286-9480
Orthopedic Specialists of Coronado230 Prospect Pl, Coronado, CA 92118 Existing Patients: (619) 286-9480
- Cornell U/Ny Hosp&Cornell U Med Ctr, Residency Hospital
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, Internship Hospital
- Amherst College, Undergraduate School
- Landeskrankenhaus, Other Education
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Net
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Bates?
I had bilateral Carpal Tunnel Releases staged 6 weeks apart and I had excellent results. I returned to work within 7 days after each surgery. Dr. Bates is extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of Orthopedic surgery and I felt very confident in his care. I would (and have) recommend him to friends and family requiring care for problems ranging from minor fractures to total joint replacement.
- Alvarado Hospital Medical Center
- Sharp Coronado Hospital