Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients may call (843) 487-0729 to make an appointment.
Dr. James Benner, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in North Charleston, SC. Dr. Benner completed a residency at Med University Sc College Of Med|Medical College of Georgia|Medical University South Carolina|Palmetto Richland Mem Hospital|University of South Carolina. He currently practices at Palmetto Cardiovascular & Thoracic Associates and is affiliated with Trident Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Benner is board certified in Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Medical University of South Carolina - Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Fellowship Hospital
- Med University Sc College Of Med|Medical College of Georgia|Medical University South Carolina|Palmetto Richland Mem Hospital|University of South Carolina, Residency Hospital — 1996
- Temple University|Temple University - Philadelphia PA|Temple University School of Medicine, Medical School — 1991
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of South Carolina
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas
- First Choice Health
- First Health
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Benner?
A physician that really cares. Thank you for taking great care of me. My family and I have nothing but trust in you and your skill.
Frequently Asked Questions
A list of accepted insurance providers is available on the Healthgrades insurance check. It is always a good idea to verify your insurance when making an appointment.
New patients are generally accepted by Dr. James Benner, MD on Sharecare. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Benner's profile.
Dr. Benner frequently treats the following conditions: Aneurysm, Aortic Aneurysm, and Atherosclerosis. See more on Sharecare.
Dr. Benner's office is located at 9313 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 304 Medical Arts Bldg, North Charleston, SC 29406. You can find other locations and directions on Sharecare.
Dr. Benner provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.
Dr. James Benner, MD is affiliated with Trident Health System - Summerville Medical Center and Trident Medical Center.
Yes, Dr. James Benner, MD holds board certifications in Cardiovascular Surgery and Thoracic Surgery.
Dr. Benner has over 31 years of healthcare experience.
There is a star rating of 4/5 for Dr. James Benner, MD. Patients say that the provider explained conditions well and they trusted the provider's decisions. See all patient feedback on Sharecare.
- Trident Medical Center
- Trident Health System - Summerville Medical Center
Palmetto Cardiovascular & Thoracic Associates
Memorial Health University Physicians - Trauma and Surgical Care9313 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 304 Medical Arts Bldg, North Charleston, SC 29406 Existing Patients: (843) 487-0729