Dr. Cox has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. David Cox, MD is a interventional cardiology specialist in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Cox completed a residency at Wake Forest University. He currently practices at Cardiology Specialists of Birmingham and is affiliated with Brookwood Baptist Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Cox is board certified in Interventional Cardiology.
- Wake Forest University, Residency Hospital
- Wake Forest University, Fellowship Hospital — 2006
- Wake Forest University, Internship Hospital — 2001
- University of Alabama At Birmingham, Medical School — 1998
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Cardiology Specialists of Birmingham2700 10th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205 Existing Patients: (205) 939-7100
Main Campus - Birmingham
Barry Rayburn, MD3980 Colonnade Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35243 Existing Patients: (205) 510-5000
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Cox?
Remarkable. None better in my opinion. Always attentive and takes the time necessary to actually offer a real patient visit, unlike many docs nowadays who touch base and get out as fast as possible. Dr. Cox truly cares about his patients and is the best doc I have had in 40 years or more. I am a retired surgeon myself, so I know all about separating the wheat from the chaff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. David Cox, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Cox's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Cox accepts your insurance.
Dr. Cox frequently treats Cardiac Electrical System Procedures and Heart Conditions.
Dr. Cox's office is located at 2700 10th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
- Coosa Valley Medical Center
- Grandview Medical Center