Dr. Christine Kohler-Ekstrand, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Kohler-Ekstrand completed a residency at Albert Einstein Coll Med. She currently practices at University Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery. She accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Kohler-Ekstrand is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Texas Tech University School of Medicine, Medical School
- UCLA, Fellowship Hospital — 2001
- Albert Einstein Coll Med, Residency Hospital — 2000
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Kohler-Ekstrand?
I came to Dr. Ekstrand because I had chronic elbow pain being treated with cortisone injections always to improve for a period of time before it worsened again. Dr. Ekstrand determined a partial tear of the lateral extensor tendon also called tennis elbow. After a MRI confirmed her diagnosis, she suggested a platelet rich plasma injection, also called PRPR. After 6 weeks of minimal activity followed by strengthening my pain disappeared and furthermore on repeat ultrasound my elbow was healed.