Click here to compare with other Hematology Specialists.
Dr. Alvin Schmaier, MD is a hematology specialist in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Schmaier completed a residency at Temple University Hospital. He currently practices at Cellular Therapy Lab and is affiliated with Rainbow Babies And Childrens Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Schmaier is board certified in Hematology.
- University Of Pennsylvania, Fellowship Hospital — 1977
- Temple University Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1977
- Temple University Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1975
- Medical College Of Virginia, Medical School — 1974
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Schmaier?
I saw Dr Schmaier back in 2009 for a dvt in my leg. No other drs tested my blood for clotting factors, d-dimer tests and had removed me from warfarin after 3 months. I was lucky enough to see Dr. Schmaier who did a full work-up on my blood and informed me I still had very high inflammation levels and needed to be back on thinners. He knew what to do and probably saved my life. He is very direct, but friendly and his staff was excellent. I highly recommend him to anyone dealing with clotting diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Schmaier frequently treats Blood Disorders.
Dr. Schmaier's office is located at 2103 Cornell Rd, Cleveland, OH 44106. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Schmaier has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Rainbow Babies And Childrens Hospital
- University Hospitals MacDonald Women's Hospital
Cellular Therapy Lab2103 Cornell Rd, Cleveland, OH 44106 Existing Patients: (216) 844-7753