Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Mertz accepts your insurance.
Dr. Thomas Mertz, DO is a allergy & immunology specialist in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Mertz completed a residency at University Of Connecticut Medical Center. He currently practices at Allergy and Asthma Associates of Pittsburgh and is affiliated with Upmc Shadyside. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Mertz is board certified in Allergy & Immunology.
- Penn State-Allergy and Imunology, Fellowship Hospital — 2012
- University Of Connecticut Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 2008
- University of Connecticut, Internship Hospital — 2005
- Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicin--Erie, Medical School — 2004
- West Virginia Univ, Other Education — 2000
- West Virginia University, Undergraduate School — 1998
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Capital Blue Cross
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Mutual of Omaha
- UPMC Health Plan
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Allergy and Asthma Associates of Pittsburgh
Allergy and Asthma Associates2585 Freeport Rd Ste 210, Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Existing Patients: (412) 828-3800
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Mertz?
I see Dr. Mertz at the downtown office and would recommend him to all my family and friends. He achieved what other doctor's could not and that was find what was causing my head congestion and allergies. I have one negative complaint and that is the billing department. I had a billing question and tried calling at 3:15 pm. I was told the biller leaves at 3:00 pm, so if I had a question I should call before that which is unheard of and very inconvenient.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Mertz frequently treats Environmental Allergies.
Dr. Mertz's office is located at 2585 Freeport Rd Ste 210, Pittsburgh, PA 15238. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Mertz speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Mertz has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Upmc Shadyside
- UPMC St. Margaret
- West Penn Hospital