Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Mukai accepts your insurance.
Dr. Shizuo Mukai, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in Boston, MA. Dr. Mukai completed a residency at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. He currently practices at Massachusetts Eye and Ear. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Mukai is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Residency Hospital — 1988
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Fellowship Hospital — 1985
- Mt Auburn Hosp, Internship Hospital — 1983
- Brown University Medical School, Medical School — 1982
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear
Main Campus243 Charles St, Boston, MA 02114 Existing Patients: (617) 573-3730
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Mukai?
Dr Mukai is always ready to attend to my questions/fears right from my first visit almost two years ago. He always wanted to know how I felt since my last visit. He patiently explained the procedure he was about to take. This helped me to be aware of what to expect and, at the end he asked how I felt, and advised that if I ever felt any pain or discomort should not hesitate to call.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Mukai frequently treats Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear, Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) , and Progressive High Myopia.
Dr. Mukai's office is located at 243 Charles St, Boston, MA 02114. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Mukai has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.