Click here to compare with other Cardiology Specialists.
Dr. Richard Abben, MD is a cardiology specialist in Houma, LA. Dr. Abben completed a residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital. He currently practices at Cardiovascular Institute of the South and is affiliated with Terrebonne General Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Abben is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Residency Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Residency Hospital
- University of Illinois College of Medicine, Medical School — 1978
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Cardiovascular Institute of the South
Cardiovascular Institute of the South225 Dunn St, Houma, LA 70360 Existing Patients: (985) 876-0300
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Abben?
Yes I would. I have been with Dr. Abben for a long time and would not switch to another doctor. He checked me out in a reasonable time and was out in a flash.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Abben has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Abben frequently treats Cardiac Implantable Device Procedures, Heart Conditions, and Adult Congenital Heart Conditions.
Dr. Abben's office is located at 225 Dunn St, Houma, LA 70360. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Terrebonne General Medical Center
- Thibodaux Regional Medical Center