Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Hellman accepts your insurance.
Dr. Richard Hellman, MD is a hematology specialist in Waterford, CT. Dr. Hellman completed a residency at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. He currently practices at Smilow Cancer Hospital Care Center - Waterford and is affiliated with Lawrence and Memorial Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Hellman is board certified in Hematology.
- North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Internship Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Fellowship Hospital — 1984
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1981
- Wake Forest U, School of Medicine, Medical School — 1978
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Hellman?
I saw Dr. Hellman concerning a bladder cancer referral. I was told that I needed a cystectomy but he recommended immunotherapy to my urologist. 12 treatments later and I am now cancer free. Thank you so much, Dr. Hellman!
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Hellman frequently treats Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia), Hypercoagulable State, and Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease).
Dr. Hellman's office is located at 230 Waterford Parkway S, Waterford, CT 06385. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Hellman has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Lawrence and Memorial Hospital