Click here to compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists.
Dr. Richard Jelsma, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Sherman, TX. Dr. Jelsma completed a residency at Columbia Presbyterian Med Center. He currently practices at Richard D. Jelsma, MD, PA and is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital at Sherman. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Jelsma is board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
- American Sports Medicine Institute Birmingham AL, Fellowship Hospital — 1995
- Columbia Presbyterian Med Center, Residency Hospital — 1994
- Columbia Presbyterian Med Center, Internship Hospital — 1990
- Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons, Medical School — 1988
- Dartmouth College, Undergraduate School — 1984
- American Republic
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- Delta Health System
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Molina Healthcare
- Principal Life
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Richard D. Jelsma, MD, PA
Richard D. Jelsma, M.D.204 Medical Dr, Sherman, TX 75092 Existing Patients: (903) 868-8800
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Jelsma?
My visits were always very complete. I like the personal attention. Dr. Jelsma replaced my left knee. No problems. It has been seven years. No issues at all.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Jelsma frequently treats Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear), Internal Derangement of Knee, and Shoulder Arthroscopy.
Dr. Jelsma's office is located at 204 Medical Dr, Sherman, TX 75092. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Jelsma has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital at Sherman
- Medical City Mckinney
- Texoma Medical Center
- Wilson N. Jones Regional Medical Center