Dr. Nicholas Polifroni, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Norwalk, CT. Dr. Polifroni completed a residency at Lenox Hill Hospital. He currently practices at OrthoConnecticut Coastal Orthopedics and is affiliated with Norwalk Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Polifroni is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Lenox Hill Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1982
- Temple University Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1978
- Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania, Undergraduate School — 1972
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Polifroni?
Hello, Dr. Nicholas Polifroni replaced on hip in 2002 , I am age 60 now in 2019...age 43 then. My other hip in 2005, and then my right knee in 2010. All were from chronic arthritis....17 years later, I have enjoyed one of the most incredible life one could almost have. Anywhere from jumping in and out of boats in Galapagos Island 2013 swimming and snorkeling with sea turtles and more. Twice 50 mile bike ride cancer fundraisers, orphanage visits and work in both Guatemala and Haiti...Honestly, I could fill 200 pages about my life joy attributed to Doctor Polifroni helping me. Also...17 years since first hip replacement...and perfectly fine. I have known and experienced other medical professionals that I always respect and admire. One does not become an MD in the first place without being a special breed. I know he is a professional and this is really his Job....but he helped me to enjoy a life that I thought was lost. My name is Frank Spencer...Insurance Co pressures hurts Docs now!!
- Norwalk Hospital