Dr. Akhtar has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Muhammad Akhtar, MD is a oncology specialist in East Providence, RI. Dr. Akhtar completed a residency at Cooper Hosp/univ Med Center. He currently practices at Premier Medical Group and is affiliated with Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Akhtar is board certified in Hematology.
- Cooper Hosp/univ Med Center, Residency Hospital
- Roger Williams Hospital, Residency Hospital
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Tufts Health Plan
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Premier Medical Group
Premier Medical Group999 S Broadway Ste 200, East Providence, RI 02914 Existing Patients: (401) 438-7778
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Akhtar?
Dr Akhtar is my family doctor . He is an amazing doctor. He takes time with patients, I do recommend it to any one who needs a family doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Muhammad Akhtar, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Akhtar's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Akhtar accepts your insurance.
Dr. Akhtar frequently treats Anemia, Cancer Screening, and Oral Cancer Screening.
Dr. Akhtar's office is located at 999 S Broadway Ste 200, East Providence, RI 02914. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Akhtar speaks Panjabi and English. View profile to see all.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island
- Our Lady Of Fatima Hospital
- Roger Williams Medical Center
- The Miriam Hospital