Click here to compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists.
Dr. Michael Callahan, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Callahan completed a residency at University of California-San Francisco. He currently practices at Callahan Eye Clinic and is affiliated with UAB Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Manhattan EET Hosp, Fellowship Hospital — 1975
- University of California-San Francisco, Residency Hospital — 1975
- U Ala Hosps-Clins, Internship Hospital — 1972
- Birmingham Southern College, Undergraduate School — 1967
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Callahan Eye Clinic
Michael A Callahan MD & Associates PC700 18th St S Ste 711, Birmingham, AL 35233 Existing Patients: (205) 933-6888
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Callahan?
The very best treatment I have ever had anywhere, and I’m old!
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Callahan frequently treats Eyelid Surgery, Blind Hypotensive Eye, and Blindness.
Dr. Callahan's office is located at 700 18th St S Ste 711, Birmingham, AL 35233. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Callahan has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- UAB Hospital