Dr. Matthew Fitzer, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Reston, VA. Dr. Fitzer completed a residency at Memorial Health University Medical Center. He currently practices at Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center and is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center
Reston Office1850a Town Center Pkwy Ste 301, Reston, VA 20190 (703) 709-9771
Spanish, French, English
- University of Missouri Hospitals and Clinics, Fellowship Hospital — 2006
- Memorial Health University Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 2005
- Memorial Health University Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 2001
- Christopher Newport University, Undergraduate School — 1996
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Fitzer?
At 57 years old, my BMI was on the low side for one to consider bariatric surgery, but I had Diabetes 2, sleep apnea, hypertension, hypercholesteremia, fatty liver and joint damage. Two family members had been lost due to obesity related medical incidents before age 50. Habits acquired from using food for “head hunger” vs. physical hunger/nutrition made basic restrictive dieting unsuccessful. I realized that if I wanted to live long enough to continue to enjoy our expanding family (two children, one recently married), I needed to have weight loss surgery. Dr. Fitzer concurred, and I was scheduled for gastric bypass 5/11/20. I had done research and knew Dr. Fitzer’s reputation was excellent. The bonus was that his office staff was also top notch; I felt cared for (and still do!) by people who knew their jobs well. I’ve lost 37 lbs. in 8 weeks; the gastric bypass “tool” the only way I could do so. I am in remission from diabetes and sleeping better! Blessed 2B getting healthy!
- Reston Hospital Center
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital