Dr. Mark Akins, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Akins' profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Mark Akins, MD is a general surgery specialist in Murfreesboro, TN. Dr. Akins completed a residency at University of Tennessee / Memphis / College of Medicine & Surgery. He currently practices at Mid State Surgery, PLLC and is affiliated with Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Akins is board certified in General Surgery.
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA, Internship Hospital
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA, Medical School
- University of Tennessee / Memphis / College of Medicine & Surgery, Residency Hospital — 1995
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- One Health
- Signature Health Alliance
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Mid State Surgery, PLLC
Mid State Surgery, PLLC1800 Medical Center Pkwy Ste 440, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 Existing Patients: (615) 867-1940
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Akins?
My visit went wonderful, staff great! Dr. Akins is excellent!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Akins accepts your insurance.
Dr. Akins frequently treats Gallbladder Removal, Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic, and Gallstones.
Dr. Akins' office is located at 1800 Medical Center Pkwy Ste 440, Murfreesboro, TN 37129. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Akins has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital