Find contact information here to make an appointment.
Dr. Lawrence Byrd, MD is a nephrology specialist in New York, NY. He currently practices at Northwell Health Physician Partners Kidney and Hypertension Specialists at Lenox Hill and is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Byrd is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- New York Hospital Cornell Med C, Fellowship Hospital — 1978
- Coll Med-Dent NJ-Newark Aff, Internship Hospital — 1974
- Medical College of Pennsylvania, Medical School — 1973
- Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania, Undergraduate School — 1969
- University of Pennsylvania, Undergraduate School — 1969
- ASH Specialist in Clinical Hypertension, Other Education
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Community Health Choice
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health
- Health Net
- HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Husky Health
- INTotal Health
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Oxford Health Plans
- Peach State Health Plan
- Priority Health
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Compare with other Nephrology Specialists
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Byrd?
I have seen D. Byrd for a few problems over the last several years. My wife had seen him after her doctor in NY passed away and he was trained by the previous doctor that my wife had been to. He is very good and and knows his business only 2nd to the doctor we had seen in NY. I trust his judgement and knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to compare with other Nephrology Specialists.
A list of accepted insurance providers is available on the Healthgrades insurance check. It is always a good idea to verify your insurance when making an appointment.
Dr. Byrd frequently treats the following conditions: Diabetes With Renal Manifestations, Hyperkalemia, and Proteinuria. See more on Sharecare.
Dr. Byrd's office is located at 130 E 77th St Fl 5, New York, NY 10075. You can find other locations and directions on Sharecare.
Dr. Byrd provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.
Dr. Lawrence Byrd, MD is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital and Morristown Medical Center.
Yes, Dr. Lawrence Byrd, MD holds board certifications in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
Dr. Byrd has over 49 years of healthcare experience.
There is a star rating of 5/5 for Dr. Lawrence Byrd, MD. Patients say that they trusted the provider's decisions and the provider explained conditions well. See all patient feedback on Sharecare.
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Morristown Medical Center
Northwell Health Physician Partners Kidney and Hypertension Specialists at Lenox Hill
Northwell Health Physician Partners Kidney and Hypertension Specialists at Lenox Hill130 E 77th St Fl 5, New York, NY 10075 (212) 434-6800
Associates in Cardiovascular Care, PA
Associates in Cardiovascular Care P.A.1061 Avenue C, Bayonne, NJ 07002 (973) 736-2212
Nephrological Associates, P.A. (Florham Park)
Nephrological Associates P.A.83 Hanover Rd Ste 290, Florham Park, NJ 07932 (973) 736-2212