Call (330) 366-1292 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. Joseph Lahorra, MD
Dr. Joseph Lahorra, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Akron, OH. Dr. Lahorra completed a residency at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He currently practices at Akron General and is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Fellowship Hospital
- University of Michigan / Ann Arbor, Fellowship Hospital
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Residency Hospital
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Medical School — 1988
- Tufts University, Undergraduate School
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beacon Health Strategies
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Ohio Health Choice
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Lahorra?
Dr Lahorra performed lung cancer surgery on my mother 17 years ago. I’ll never forget him. He called my then 80 yuh old mother on Labor Day, The day before surgery, to tell her to not worry and just put herself in his hands. Don’t know any dr who will do that especially on a holiday. He extended y mothers life by 8 years. His care was personal and yet professional. Eternally grateful.
- Cleveland Clinic
- Akron General Medical Center
- University Hospitals Parma Medical Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Lahorra has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Joseph Lahorra, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Lahorra's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Lahorra accepts your insurance.
Dr. Lahorra frequently treats Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery, Aortic Aneurysm, and Aortic Valve Regurgitation.
Dr. Lahorra's office is located at 1 Akron General Ave # 3500, Akron, OH 44307. Find other locations and directions.
Akron General1 Akron General Ave # 3500, Akron, OH 44307 Existing Patients: (330) 366-1292