Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients can also call (973) 926-7000.
Dr. John Shao, MD
New Patient(973) 926-7000
Dr. John Shao, MD is a interventional cardiology specialist in Newark, NJ. Dr. Shao completed a residency at Lenox Hill Hosp-NYU. He currently practices at Levinson, Robert A, M.d. and is affiliated with Newark Beth Israel Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Shao is board certified in Cardiology.
- Westchester Med Ctr, Fellowship Hospital — 2008
- Lenox Hill Hosp-NYU, Residency Hospital — 2004
- Lenox Hill Hosp-NYU, Internship Hospital — 2002
- Temple University School of Medicine, Medical School — 2001
- SUNY Binghamton, Undergraduate School — 1992
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Net
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Shao?
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Clara Maass Medical Center
- Hackensack Meridian Mountainside Medical Center
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Shao has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. John Shao, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Shao's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Shao accepts your insurance.
Dr. Shao frequently treats Wheezing, Shortness of Breath, and Leg and Foot Ulcers.
Dr. Shao's office is located at 201 Lyons Ave, Newark, NJ 7112. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Shao speaks Chinese, Mandarin and English. View profile to see all.