Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients may call (862) 285-2469 to make an appointment.
Dr. John Shao, MD
Dr. John Shao, MD is a interventional cardiology specialist in Irvington, NJ. Dr. Shao completed a residency at Lenox Hill Hosp-NYU. He currently practices at NBI Specialty Care and is affiliated with Newark Beth Israel Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Shao is board certified in Cardiology.
- Westchester Med Ctr, Fellowship Hospital — 2008
- Lenox Hill Hosp-NYU, Residency Hospital — 2004
- Lenox Hill Hosp-NYU, Internship Hospital — 2002
- Temple University School of Medicine, Medical School — 2001
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health
- Health Net
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Shao?
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Clara Maass Medical Center
- Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center
- Hackensack Meridian Mountainside Medical Center
Frequently Asked Questions
A list of accepted insurance providers is available on the Healthgrades insurance check. It is always a good idea to verify your insurance when making an appointment.
Dr. Shao frequently treats the following conditions: Wheezing, Shortness of Breath, and Leg and Foot Ulcers. See more on Sharecare.
Dr. Shao's office is located at 50 Union Ave Fl 2, Irvington, NJ 07111. You can find other locations and directions on Sharecare.
Dr. Shao is able to speak Chinese, Mandarin and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Shao provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.
Dr. John Shao, MD is affiliated with Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and Clara Maass Medical Center.
Yes, Dr. John Shao, MD holds board certifications in Cardiology.
Dr. Shao has over 21 years of healthcare experience.
NBI Specialty Care
NBI Specialty Care50 Union Ave Fl 2, Irvington, NJ 07111 Existing Patients: (862) 285-2469