Click here to compare with other Pediatric Cardiology Specialists.
Dr. James Thompson, MD is a pediatric cardiology specialist in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Thompson completed a residency at Children's National Med Center. He currently practices at Pediatrix Medical Group of the Mid-atlantic PC and is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Univeristy of California, Fellowship Hospital — 2001
- Children's National Med Center, Residency Hospital — 1998
- Children's National Med Center, Internship Hospital — 1998
- University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill, Undergraduate School — 1990
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Principal Financial Group
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Thompson?
We could not have asked for any better! Dr. Thompson and his staff set the bar high when it comes to professionalism and knowledge. He is by far what I consider "Best In Class." Dr. Thompson was a bright light in what had become my daughters darkest days. Thank you to him and his wonderful team!
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Thompson has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Thompson frequently treats Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO), Atrial Septal Defect, and Septal Defect.
Dr. Thompson's office is located at 8316 Arlington Blvd Ste 500, Fairfax, VA 22031. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Thompson speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Stonesprings Hospital Center
Pediatrix Medical Group of the Mid-atlantic PC8316 Arlington Blvd Ste 500, Fairfax, VA 22031 Existing Patients: (301) 424-8484
Child Cardiology Associates
Rockville Office9707 Medical Center Dr Ste 100, Rockville, MD 20850 Existing Patients: (301) 424-8484