Find contact information here to make an appointment.
Dr. James Stephenson, MD is a general surgery specialist in Greenville, SC. He currently practices at Cancer Institute MDC and is affiliated with Prisma Health Baptist Easley Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Stephenson is board certified in General Surgery.
- U Aberdeen/Aberdeen Royal I, Fellowship Hospital — 1986
- University Aberdeen/Aberdeen Royal I, Fellowship Hospital — 1986
- Greenville Memorial Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1981
- Greenville Memorial Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 1981
- University of South Florida / College of Medicine, Medical School — 1980
- Davidson College, Undergraduate School — 1976
- American Republic
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health
- Golden Rule
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- POMCO Group
- Universal American
- Wells Fargo Insurance
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Compare with other General Surgery Specialists
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Stephenson?
Dr. Stephenson did an excellent job with the surgical procedure for my dad. After the surgery, he followed up many times and was professional and courteous at all times. My family and I are grateful to him.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to compare with other General Surgery Specialists.
A list of accepted insurance providers is available on the Healthgrades insurance check. It is always a good idea to verify your insurance when making an appointment.
Dr. Stephenson frequently treats the following conditions: Lung Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, and Aortic Valve Regurgitation. See more on Sharecare.
Dr. Stephenson's office is located at 890 W Faris Rd Ste 320, Greenville, SC 29605. You can find other locations and directions on Sharecare.
Dr. Stephenson is able to speak Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. James Stephenson, MD is affiliated with Prisma Health Baptist Easley Hospital and Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital.
Yes, Dr. James Stephenson, MD holds board certifications in General Surgery.
Dr. Stephenson has over 42 years of healthcare experience.
There is a star rating of 4.1/5 for Dr. James Stephenson, MD. Patients say that the provider explained conditions well and they trusted the provider's decisions. See all patient feedback on Sharecare.
- Prisma Health Baptist Easley Hospital
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital
- Prisma Health Greer Memorial Hospital
- Prisma Health Hillcrest Hospital
- Prisma Health Oconee Memorial Hospital
Cancer Institute MDC
Prisma Health Division of Surgical Oncology - Greenville890 W Faris Rd Ste 320, Greenville, SC 29605 (864) 455-1200