Dr. James Liu, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Newark, NJ. Dr. Liu completed a residency at University of Utah. He currently practices at RUTGERS NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE OF NEW JERSEY and is affiliated with Liberty Health - Jersey City Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Liu is board certified in Neurosurgery.
Rutgers Neurological Institute of New Jersey
Rutgers Neurological Institute of New Jersey90 Bergen St # 8100, Newark, NJ 07103 Existing Patients: (973) 972-2906
- Oregon Health & Science University Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 2007
- University of Utah, Residency Hospital — 2006
- New York Medical College, Internship Hospital — 2001
- University of California At Los Angeles, Undergraduate School — 1995
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Liu?
My grandmother was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia many years ago and in the summer of 2020 her symptoms associated with this condition worsened severely. With medication no longer providing her relief, I sought a consultation with Dr. Liu on her behalf. He recommended a MVD of the trigeminal nerve, which he eventually performed. This was definitely the most invasive option....especially because at the time, she was 83 years old, and as such this was a very high risk surgery. Following the surgery in Sept 2020, my grandmother was off of pain medications for trigeminal neuralgia and pain-free. Throughout this process Dr. Liu and his staff have been very informative, professional and kind to my grandmother. Good bedside manner too. I would definitely recommend Dr. Liu as a neurosurgeon and hope that he continues to treat and explore difficult neurologic issues. Thank you Dr. Liu!!!
- Liberty Health - Jersey City Medical Center
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Saint Clare's Denville Hospital
- University Hospital