Dr. Barter has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. James Barter, MD is a oncology specialist in Rockville, MD. Dr. Barter completed a residency at Duke University Hospital. He currently practices at Womens Health Specialists and is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- U Ky/Duke U, Internship Hospital
- U Ala, Fellowship Hospital — 1985
- Duke University Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1983
- University of Kentucky Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1979
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, Medical School — 1977
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Barter?
Dr. Barter basically saved my life. I have been 6 years in remission since surgery for Stage 2B ovarian cancer which HE discovered when doing a simple laparoscopic hysterectomy for uterine bleeding with no hint even that there was anything else amiss. I am forever indebted to his thoroughness and skill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. James Barter, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Barter's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Barter accepts your insurance.
Dr. Barter frequently treats Gynecologic Neoplasms.
Dr. Barter's office is located at 6301 Executive Blvd, Rockville, MD 20852. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center
- Holy Cross Hospital